A codefix I would love to see: Moneybee's internet connection code inserted into BOINC, and Moneybee moved over to BOINC...
Max Power
2006-05-02 09:55:34 UTC
David DiNucci
2006-05-02 18:12:13 UTC
Post by Max Power
A codefix I would love to see: Moneybee's internet connection code inserted
into BOINC, and Moneybee moved over to BOINC...
This looks on topic for comp.distributed, but I don't know as much about
either of these as I should. What is superior about Moneybee's
connection code? I presume that you think that moving to BOINC would
increase exposure.

-Dave
Max Power
2006-05-03 21:37:22 UTC
Technically it is monebee.co.uk or moneybee.de for the websites.
The moneybee connection code does not forcefully invoke your dialer.

Most commercial dialers can not be made to behave properly with BOINC with
respect to it invoking an internet connection.
Moneybee has the code that works, and BOINC should help them move over to
BOINC -- a platform better suited for the WU's that Moneybee hands out.