Distributed file system
axu
2005-09-24 09:05:45 UTC
Is there a distributed file system that I can use on multiple nodes and
access it as shared FS from each one of these nodes ?
Some kind of networked LVM. When I want to add some space on my
filesystem I can add a new node on the cluster or just add a new hard
drive on one of the existing nodes ..
Thx for advice
Alex
Siddharth Jain
2005-09-30 18:15:21 UTC
i think a grid file system is what you are looking for.
http://www-128.ibm.com/developerworks/grid/newto/

HTH
Siddharth Jain
Felix Rauch
2005-10-08 22:57:08 UTC
Post by axu
Is there a distributed file system that I can use on multiple nodes and
access it as shared FS from each one of these nodes ?
Some kind of networked LVM. When I want to add some space on my
filesystem I can add a new node on the cluster or just add a new hard
drive on one of the existing nodes ..
You might want to take a look at the Parallel Virtual File System (PVFS):
http://www.parl.clemson.edu/pvfs/

I don't think you can easily add nodes though.

- Felix
--
Felix Rauch, http://www.nice.ch/~felix/
Member of Swiss Internet User Group (SIUG): http://www.siug.ch/