condor
e***@yahoo.com
2005-11-04 01:20:18 UTC
Hello,

I am very interested in using Condor and have a few questions.

Following is the scenario under which I want to use condor.

- I have an executable (solver.exe) on 4-5 PC's running Windows.
- I cannot re-compile this executable
- This executable takes an input file as a command line argument
- I have to run this executable a bunch of times (Design of
Experiments scenario)
with different input files.
- I would like to use condor to do the grid management

I am interested in knowing if condor is the right solution for this and
if
it can accomplish the above mentions task.

Your reply is greatly appreciated.

Thank You.
Henry
2005-11-08 00:30:35 UTC
Post by e***@yahoo.com
I am very interested in using Condor and have a few questions.
Following is the scenario under which I want to use condor.
- I have an executable (solver.exe) on 4-5 PC's running Windows.
- I cannot re-compile this executable
- This executable takes an input file as a command line argument
Assuming that it's a simple CLI executable (a "console app" in
Windows-speak) then I think it should be possible to use Condor to
distribute the jobs across your PCs.
Post by e***@yahoo.com
- I have to run this executable a bunch of times (Design of
Experiments scenario)
with different input files.
AFAIK Condor doesn't include a way to automate such things.
You might want to look into "parameter-sweep" tools such as
APST
http://grail.sdsc.edu/projects/apst/index.html
or Nimrod
http://www.csse.monash.edu.au/~davida/nimrod/index.htm