Call for Papers: IAENG International Conference on Control and Automation (ICCA 2007)
Genome
2006-08-31 18:03:17 UTC
CFP: IAENG International Conference on Control and Automation ICCA 2007
Oscar Castillo
Professor and Research Director of Computer Science
Tijuana Institute of Technology, Mexico
President of HAFSA (Hispanic American Fuzzy Systems Association)
Vice-Chair of the Mexican Chapter of the Computational Intelligence
Society (IEEE)
David Dagan Feng, Ph.D, FACS, FATSE, FHKIE, FIEE, FIEEE
Professor and Head, School of Information Technologies
Associate Dean, Faculty of Science,
University of Sydney, Australia
Jeong-A Lee
Professor of Department of Computer Engineering
Chosun University, South Korea
IMECS Program Committee & Conferences Co-Chairs
Yousry H. Abdelkader Alexandria University, Egypt
Daoud Ait-Kadi University Laval, Canada
Basim Al-Najjar Vaxjo University, Sweden
Ali Allahverdi Kuwait University, Kuwait
Carlos Henggeler Antunes University of Coimbra, Portugal
Djamel Bouchaffra Oakland University, USA
Anthony Brabazon University College Dublin, Ireland
Fidel Cacheda University of A Coruna, Spain
Alan Hoi-shou Chan City University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong
Felix T.S. Chan The University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong
Chin-Chen Chang Feng Chia University, Taiwan
Chung Shue Chen The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong
Mu-Song Chen Da-Yeh University, Taiwan
Qingfeng Chen Deakin University, Australia
Wallace Choy The University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong
T.S. Chung The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hong Kong
Orville Leverne Clubb City University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong
Manuel Jose Damasio Universidade Lusofona de Humanidades e Tecnologias,
Portugal
Chuangyin Dang City University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong
Alexandar Djordjevich City University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong
Yu-fai Fung Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hong Kong
G. Ganesan Jayaprakash Narayan College of Engineering, India
Goh Ong Sing National Technical University of Malaysia, Malaysia
Angel Marin Gracia de la Universidad Politecnica de Madrid, Spain
Zonghua Gu Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, Hong Kong
Nalan Gulpinar Imperial College London, UK
Enrique Herrera-Viedma University of Granada, Spain
Josep R. Herrero Polytechnic University of Catalonia, Spain
Chi-Kuang Hwang Chung-Hua University, Taiwan
Rajgopal Kannan Louisiana State University, USA
George P. Karatzas Technical University of Crete, Greece
Hideki Katagiri Hiroshima University, Japan
Graham Kendall University of Nottingham, UK
Kensaku Kikuta University of Hyogo, Japan
Cartik Kothari The University of Memphis, USA
Mohan Krishnamoorthy CSIRO Mathematical & Information Sciences
Division, Australia
Reggie Kwan The Open University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong
Xueliang Li Nankai University, China
Yiming Li National Chiao Tung University, Taiwan
Chih-Min Lin Yuan-Ze University, Taiwan
Baoding Liu Tsinghua University, China
Liping Liu University of Akron, USA
Elsa M. Macias Lopez Las Palmas de Gran Canaria University, Spain
Qusay H. Mahmoud University of Guelph, Canada
Nikolaos Matsatsinis Technical University of Crete, Greece
George Mavrommatis Hellenic Military Academy, Greece
Michael McGuigan Brookhaven National Laboratory, USA
Patricia Melin Tijuana Institute of Technology, Mexico
Ludmil Mikhailov The University of Manchester, UK
Herman Monsuur Netherlands Defense Academy, The Netherlands
Alejandro Murua University of Montreal, Canada
Nysret Musliu Vienna University of Technology, Austria
Didier Nakache CNAM de Paris, France
Lars Nolle Nottingham Trent University, UK
Wan- Kai Pang The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hong Kong
Apostolos N. Papadopoulos Aristotle University, Greece
Selwyn Piramuthu University of Florida, USA
I.M.Premachandra University of Otago, New Zealand
Quah Tong Seng Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
Jiuh-Biing Sheu National Chiao Tung University, Taiwan
Shey-Huei Sheu National Taiwan University of Science and Technology,
Taiwan
Cornel I. G. Resteanu National Institute for Research and Development
in Informatics, Bucharest, Romania
Carlos Romero Technical University of Madrid, Spain
Tadeusz Sawik AGH University of Science & Technology, Poland
Elhadi Shakshuki Acadia University, Canada
Vrijendra Singh Indian Institute of Information Technology Allahabad,
India
Yannis Siskos University of Piraeus, Greece
Yuri Grigoriyevich Stoyan Institute for Problems in Machinery of
National Ukrainian Academy of Sciences, Ukraine
Junping Sun Nova Southeastern University, USA
A.B. Rad The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hong Kong
Maria Luque Rodriguez University of Cordoba, Spain
Manoj Kumar Tiwari National Institute of Foundry and Forge Technology
(NIFFT), India
Francisco Herrera Triguero University of Granada, Spain
Lin-Yu Tseng National Chung Hsing University, Taiwan
Gwo-Hshiung Tzeng Kainan University, Taiwan
Lev V. Utkin St.Petersburg Forest Technical Academy, Russia
Ismael Vaz Universidade do Minho, Portugal
Jose Luis Verdegay Universidad de Granada, Spain
Hsiao-Fan Wang National Tsing Hua University, Taiwan
Shyh-Hau Wang Chung Yuan Christian University, Taiwan
Frank Werner Otto-von-Guericke-University of Magdeburg, Germany
Igor Wojnicki AGH - University of Science and Technology, Poland
Ed Xuekui Wu University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong
Trong Wu Southern Illinois University Edwardsville, USA
Li Xu Zhejiang University, China
Susan H. Xu Penn State University, USA
Kun-Ming Yu Chung Hua University, Taiwan
Cecilia Zanni Marc Bloch University, France
Zhe George Zhang Simon Fraser University, Canada
Constantin Zopounidis Technical University of Crete, Greece
Dr. Bala P. Amavasai (co-chair)
Senior Lecturer, Systems Engineering and Technology,
Faculty of Arts, Computing, Engineering & Science, Sheffield Hallam
University, U.K.
Limin Jia (co-chair)
Chair Professor, School of Traffic and Transportation,
Beijing Jiaotong University, China
Dr. Tadahiko Kumamoto
Senior Researcher, Computational Linguistics Group,
National Institute of Information and Communications Technology, Japan
Raul Rojas
Professor of Artificial Intelligence, Department of Mathematics and
Computer Science,
Freie Universitat Berlin, Germany
********
It will be highly appreciated if you can circulate these calls for
papers to your colleagues.
So, as a matter of interest, would you be so kind as to identify which of
the people you have listed above have been or are regular contributors to
the newsgroups you have posted to.

I'm only asking because it seems fair to assume that if you lot have run out
of useful ideas and are looking for our contribution then you must have done
something for us in the past.

I mean, last time I looked for something on the interwank and found a link
through Google that led me to an IEXXXXXX site someone wanted some 50dollar
on the basis of an abstract and I can be fairly sure the information was not
worth the 50dollar.

Let alone the opportunity to offer my credit card details.....

Oh but then you are saying that all off this information you are requesting
will be available to the academic community through libraries and ISBN
numbers and whatnot. Does that mean you lot have truly run out of ideas?

I just had a go at finding something to download from your site. Did I miss
something. It's just that there is nothing there. Absolutely bugger all.
Perhaps you can provide a link for me that will let me download an
interesting paper published by one of your members......... for no dollar.

Ah, so perhaps you have no papers.........

Are the people listed by you happy that you are publishing their names on
this medium in support of your campaign? Did you ask for permission first?
Would they drop you if they found out? Are you bothered?

Do you think I should contact some of them and ask about it?

DNA
Jim Thompson
2006-08-31 18:24:08 UTC
Post by Genome
CFP: IAENG International Conference on Control and Automation ICCA 2007
Oscar Castillo
Professor and Research Director of Computer Science
Tijuana Institute of Technology, Mexico
[snip]
Post by Genome
[...]
Bwahahahahaha! Genome, You are truly hilarious!

However I think the OP was a spoof...

Did you note "Tijuana Institute of Technology", or TIT for short ?:-)

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, P.E. | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

Genome
2006-08-31 20:50:39 UTC
Post by Jim Thompson
Bwahahahahaha! Genome, You are truly hilarious!
However I think the OP was a spoof...
Did you note "Tijuana Institute of Technology", or TIT for short ?:-)
...Jim Thompson
--
Perhaps, but perhaps not.

See other blokes post.

Can you imagine other Google Groupies getting excited about the opportunity,
making submissions and getting ripped off?

Perhaps they sort of deserve it but in the first instance Google is giving
scum an opportunity to post this stuff and in the second instance Google is
making this stuff look very cotton wool by letting them access it via a Name
that people will trust.

Of course, having given someone the opportunity to post bollocks and then,
having let someone read it and respond to it, whilst wasting time and money,
via Google, they will not be bothered about their involvement.

Oooooooh, lookit.... it's in Google Groups.

I am reminded of the time today when I was searching for 'plastic raincoat
fetish' on Google and the right hand side came up with.......

Ebay Has The Best Price on 'Plastic Raincoat Fetish'

It might have been

Ebay Has The Best Price on '500V Mosfet'

And Ebay had bugger all to do with either of them. I clicked on the links
and Ebay didn't know anything about it. Bastards, I wasted 2 minuets at my
average wage of $40,000 a 2 Hour consherto and I've been stiffed.

Isn't there something in advertising law that says you are not meant to do
that?

Pffft
John Woodgate
2006-08-31 21:10:21 UTC
Post by Genome
I am reminded of the time today when I was searching for 'plastic
raincoat fetish' on Google and the right hand side came up with.......
Ebay Has The Best Price on 'Plastic Raincoat Fetish'
It might have been
Ebay Has The Best Price on '500V Mosfet'
That particular bot seems to have been fixed. If you Googled for Adolf,
it would come up with 'Ebay has the best price on Adolf Hitler'.

I gave them the benefit of the doubt, and treated it as a joke.
2006 is YMMVI- Your mileage may vary immensely.

Terry Given
2006-09-08 10:29:14 UTC
Post by Genome
[...]
I. Premachandra is at Otago university, but its (dont know gender, want
to be PC :) in the commerce department....

Cheers
Terry
Jim Thompson
2006-09-08 14:42:18 UTC
Post by Terry Given
Post by Genome
[...]
I've often pondered... what is the "official" name of Texas Tech ?:-)

...Jim Thompson

John Fields
2006-09-08 19:39:33 UTC
On Fri, 08 Sep 2006 07:42:18 -0700, Jim Thompson
Post by Jim Thompson
I've often pondered... what is the "official" name of Texas Tech ?:-)
---
Texas Tech University.

Perhaps you were thinking of the Sam Houston Institute of
Technology?
--
John Fields
Professional Circuit Designer
Greg Lindahl
2006-09-10 08:46:50 UTC
Post by John Fields
Perhaps you were thinking of the Sam Houston Institute of
Technology?
There is the Tokyo Insitute of Technology, which abbreviates to TITECH.

-- greg
Spehro Pefhany
2006-09-10 15:35:36 UTC
Post by Greg Lindahl
Post by John Fields
Perhaps you were thinking of the Sam Houston Institute of
Technology?
There is the Tokyo Insitute of Technology, which abbreviates to TITECH.
-- greg
CUHK (Chinese University of Hong Kong) is actually located in the New
Territories.

Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany
***@interlog.com Info for manufacturers: http://www.trexon.com
Mark Crispin
2006-08-31 18:24:56 UTC
This IAENG stuff is spam for a fake, or at least very low-quality,
conference. They've been doing it for years. They'll accept almost
anything as a submission. The catch is that you pay for your submission
to be printed in a publication that nobody will read.

Here's how some people counterattack:
http://pdos.csail.mit.edu/scigen/

-- Mark --

http://panda.com/mrc
Genome
2006-08-31 21:11:54 UTC
Post by Mark Crispin
This IAENG stuff is spam for a fake, or at least very low-quality,
conference. They've been doing it for years. They'll accept almost
anything as a submission. The catch is that you pay for your submission
to be printed in a publication that nobody will read.
http://pdos.csail.mit.edu/scigen/
-- Mark --
I've asked the Hong Kong police about it.

DNA
Martine Riddle
2006-08-31 23:48:14 UTC
Post by Mark Crispin
This IAENG stuff is spam for a fake, or at least very low-quality,
conference. They've been doing it for years. They'll accept almost
anything as a submission. The catch is that you pay for your submission
to be printed in a publication that nobody will read.
http://pdos.csail.mit.edu/scigen/
I like the 'Related Work' Papers. This one in particular:
<Another fantastic submission to SCI 2005, by David Mazières and Eddie
Kohler>
Chris Thomasson
ROFL!!!!!!
i***@iaeng.org
2006-09-10 10:41:47 UTC
Dear Mr. “DNA”,

It is interesting to see some of your points about the famous
organization IEXX, like your own experience of buying the papers from
that organization. We are sorry to know that that paper is of little
value to you. Nevertheless, we do not think that the value of a paper
can be judged by only one or two or just a few research colleagues.
There have many good examples that show us research papers that have
been judged by many colleagues in the related domain to be of little
academics value, but later the papers have turned out to be of very
high values.

We believe that, even though that paper from the famous organization
IEXX may not interest you, it may somehow be interesting to some other
researchers. In the same way, when someone has come across different
conferences, some of them may be interesting to him, while some others
may not be so interesting. Nevertheless, it may finally turn out that
there is in fact something interesting there by some other researchers
some time in the future.

Just as the conferences of the IEXX, all of our conferences have gone
through the peer-reviewing process. As you have said, there exist paper
from IEXX that you do not like personally, if we have the honour that
you have read some of the papers from our conferences, it is not
surprising that some of these papers may not be interesting to you. As
said above, different researchers have different tastes and the history
of the science advances have told us clearly that some unique papers
may take a long time before the other researchers have discovered their
values and importance. Thus, it is not fair to judge their value by
just a few researchers conclusively.

Like the conferences of other organizations, our conference committee
have consisted of active researchers of at least doctoral degree and
have good international publication records. All of our members have
explicitly agreed to serve in our conference committees before they are
listed. Together with our reviewers, we have more than two hundred
researchers to review the papers in the conference. As some other
colleagues have said, there exist some papers that have not been
reviewed by the reviewers in some of the conferences of that IEXX, it
may also happen that a few of our reviewers may not be so careful for
their reviewing duties for our conferences. If that happens and if you
have come across such a case of our organization, you are welcome to
tell us and we will check the case with that reviewer of our
conference. Nevertheless, we expect that these are not common, as most
of our conference participants have been satisfied with our hosting of
the conferences, and with the quality of the papers in our conferences.

Nothing is perfect, and we sincerely thank for your suggestions and
opinions of the different conferences. If there is anything that you
would like to tell us for further improvement, you are very welcome to
tell us. And, if there is anything that I have not written properly,
you are also welcome to tell me.

Best regards,

William Young
Assistant Secretary
IMECS 2007 Organizing Committee
Email: williamyoung{at}iaeng.org
www.iaeng.org/IMECS2007

Genome 寫道:
DNA
Mark Crispin
2006-09-10 16:18:53 UTC
Post by i***@iaeng.org
It is interesting to see some of your points about the famous
organization IEXX, like your own experience of buying the papers from
that organization.
[snip]
All very amusing.

It's clear that "William Young" is not a native English speaker. No
native would make the grammar mistakes that are found throughout that
posting.

By itself, poor English grammar is not untoward. However, the pretense of
using an English name, instead of his actual name, *is* a bad sign.

These low-quality, for-profit conferences all have several things in
common.

They use pretenses. They drop names, but most of the names are unknowns
in the field. Most of the institutions are also little-known, with a
modest bit of salting of world-recognized institutions; but rarely enough
to do real verification of the conferences credentials. What little can
be done shows that the actual level of involvement is quite a bit less
than the conference implies.

They use meaningless words such as "famous". They spam in forums that
have little (or no) relationship to the purported subject of the
conference. They are mega-conferences encompassing dozens sub-conferences
at the same time and venue.

Last but not least, when challenged with indisputable evidence that they
published a valueless paper, they offer a lame excuse and insist that it
is not representative of their normal standards.

This statement by "William Young", more than anything else, is the earmark

John Woodgate
2006-09-10 16:42:22 UTC
Post by i***@iaeng.org
There have many good examples that show us research papers that have
been judged by many colleagues in the related domain to be of little
academics value, but later the papers have turned out to be of very
high values.
I quite agree; even the quearmark of hackery. Of course, it's quite
true. A classical example is Donald Glaser's paper on the bubble
chamber, which was rejected everywhere in 1952 (in one case because he
used the word 'bubblet', which wasn't in the dictionary used by the
editors of a very well-known journal) and won him a Nobel in 1960.

Of course, this was almost predicted by Shakespeare, thus proving his
appeal to occult forces in the Caledonian Play. (;-)
There are benefits from being irrational - just ask the square root of 2.
Mark Crispin
2006-09-10 17:10:12 UTC
I quite agree; even the quearmark of hackery. Of course, it's quite true. A
classical example is Donald Glaser's paper on the bubble chamber, which was
rejected everywhere in 1952 (in one case because he used the word 'bubblet',
which wasn't in the dictionary used by the editors of a very well-known
journal) and won him a Nobel in 1960.
Indeed, but it is not enough to be persecuted by the establishment to be
another Galileo. One must also be right.

-- Mark --

http://panda.com/mrc