Looking for Literture on RM-ODP
Thomas Hofmann
2004-09-28 08:52:34 UTC
I am looking for literture on ISO/IEC 10746-*, ITU-T X.901-904
respectively (Reference Model for Open Distributed Processing).

Thanks for hints,
Thomas Hofmann
Edward A. Feustel
2004-09-28 10:13:58 UTC
Post by Thomas Hofmann
Hi,
I am looking for literture on ISO/IEC 10746-*, ITU-T X.901-904
respectively (Reference Model for Open Distributed Processing).
Thanks for hints,
Thomas Hofmann
I know of two books:
ISBN 0-13-019116-7: Putnam, Janis: Architecting with RM-ODP; Prentis Hall,
2000
ISBN-0-201-17794-3: Blair, Gordan and Stefani, Jean-bernard: Open
Distributed Processing and Multimedia; 1997

You can get all the parts from the ITU or ISO/IEC and perhaps from ANSI.

In addition to the parts you have mentioned, there have been additional
parts defined. One of
the most interesting is that on the Enterprise Language.

Some older versions of the standards are available at:

http://archive.dstc.edu.au/AU/research_news/odp/ref_model/ref_model.html

The DSTC has a great deal of work going on in Distributed Computing.

Regards.
Edward Feustel