Universities offering graduate courses in grid computing
jaideep.dhok
2007-02-19 09:47:53 UTC
Hi all,
I wish to apply for graduate schools offering PhD in Grid Computing. I
have been searching for universities that offer courses in grid
computing, and so far I have come across Univ. of Chicago and Univ.
of Virginia (from the Globus and WSRF.NET project). Does anybody know
about other universities in Europe or in US where it is possible to do
a PhD in grid computing?

I apologize if this is the wrong group for asking this question.

Thanks and Regards,
Jaideep Dhok.
Greg Lindahl
2007-02-20 00:17:02 UTC
Post by jaideep.dhok
I wish to apply for graduate schools offering PhD in Grid Computing. I
have been searching for universities that offer courses in grid
computing,
Note that the two are different things -- what you should do is look for
faculty that have published papers you think are interesting, and then
look at their universities. They may have no courses on grid computing at
all, and still be good schools to get a grid computing PhD.

As an example, the University of Virginia had no grid computing courses
a decade ago when the Legion project was very active... but it would have
been (and still is) a good school to get a PhD in grid computing.

-- greg